Managers are responsible for participating in and directing multiple tax planning, consulting and compliance projects and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. The ideal candidate must have technical knowledge of Outbound International Tax with practical application. Managers will need to cull data to find inconsistencies or find information that is not apparent to others. Our work requires us to be detectives find solutions to the often unclear or inexact offshore tax issues. It is important that you enjoy the challenge of uncovering additional information then figuring out the next best step. In addition, the position requires excellent interpersonal skills, priority management, proactive communication, and analytical ability.
• Works closely with the Team Shareholder in managing the Outbound International Tax Group.
• Researches and interprets Outbound International Tax laws and regulations for planning and compliance.
• Advises on consequences of transactions including foreign entity formation, operation, and dissolution.
• Maximizes benefits from U.S. Income Tax Treaties.
• Identifies issues and opportunities while managing offshore compliance engagements.
• Facilitates and manages preparation and review of engagements with complex foreign issues.
• Oversees and reviews preparation of Forms 5471, 8992, 8865, 8832, 965, 8621 and 1116/1118 and other related required disclosure statements.
• Participates in business development of the Kerkering, Barberio Outbound International Tax Group.
• Develops into a recognized and sought after thought leader in the region and industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Possesses a broad technical knowledge of US Outbound International Tax law and regulations for individuals and businesses.
• Experienced with foreign entity planning and reporting including Foreign Trusts and Businesses.
• Possesses solid comprehension of foreign tax issues such as tax credit calculations and limitations, mutual fund reporting, and the new TCJA rules for international tax.
• Enjoys finding clues, uncovering unknown information, digging into complex data to find needed information.
• Keeps the Team Shareholder informed on the issues, opportunities, and status of engagements.
• Experienced with IRS offshore compliance procedures and filings.
• Ability to use tax knowledge and best practice while functioning in a sometimes-ambiguous tax scenario.
• Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
• Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting.
Required Education: Bachelor’s in accounting or related field
Required Experience: 7 years progressive experience in public accounting